Thursday, June 4, 2009

Topic #8

I watched Bizarre foods on youtube. The episode that I watched was set in South Korea. He made a very interesting comment that in Asian cuisine it is best to eat the food when it is as close to fresh as possible. The Korean lady brought out live mud fish and added them to the steaming soup right before serving. He said that they were very slimy. I don't think that I could eat the soup after watching the squirming fish be added to it right in front of me. I am a very typical eater. I tend to be very picky and don't travel outside of my comfort zone very easily. I love to cook with spices and herbs but not with weird meats or foreign cuisine. The most outrageous thing I ever ate was barbecue beetle shells in 6th grade and that was only because I was dared by the boys. It is very neat to see so many different cultures represented in America. Any day of the week I could decide to eat out at a Mexican, Italian, American, Greek or German restaurant. I wish I had a pallet to appreciate other unique culture's cuisines but I don't. Instead, I would rather watch someone else try it on youtube!

1 comment:

  1. Beetle shells??!! I actually ate some fruit flies in biology class in high school. Also a dare.

    ReplyDelete